Monday, October 25, 2010

For My Parents

On this date in 1945 my mom, Virgie Lucille "Boots" Cantrell married my father, William Laverne Warren. They had two children and a happy marriage.

Mom raised us despite a severe hearing loss and other health problems. Dad worked for the US Post Office for over 30 years.

They are special people to me and gave me a sense of heritage and family that helped me along the way. Mom loved teaching 5 year old children in Sunday School. Dad sang in the choir and built the church altar.

Both of them gave to others, Dad often lent a hand to help those needed assistance--a church group whose trailer needed welding while traveling, working with the Boy Scouts along with my mother. He built a sulky to fit a bicycle for the minister, whose son was disabled with cerebral palsy.

My mom made food, sewed and gave advice for younger women in the neighborhood.

They were very happy. I picture them in heaven together with my grandparents.

I love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment